The website is a cooperation project of Science in Dialogue (Wissenschaft im Dialog), the National Institute of Science Communication (Nationales Institut für Wissenschaftskommunikation) and the professorship of Annette Leßmöllmann at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie). It is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung) and the Klaus Tschira Foundation (Klaus Tschira Stiftung).
Science communication is continually developing and changing. In addition to new tools and means of communication, there are also changing content requirements in science communication. The community is growing and becoming increasingly professional. Here on Wissenschaftskommunikation.de we stay abreast of these changes and provide an information and discussion-platform for communicators, scientists, science journalists and other interested people.
Fishbowl discussion, Science Slam or BarCamp – which format is best for which kind of science communication? What are the latest trends and developments in the field – what is the community discussing? What is being researched in the science of science communication and what results are available? What does a career in science communication look like? What options are there for getting into the field and for getting further training on the job? What guidelines are recommended or under discussion? How can communication projects get funding?
The platform aims to provide answers to these questions. Wissenschaftskommunikation.de reflects on current trends and topics and provides support for everyday work in science communication. We invite users to contribute by proposing new formats or getting involved as guest authors.
Michael Wingens, Dr. Anna Henschel and Jana Fritsch from Wissenschaft im Dialog
Beatrice Lugger, , Sabrina Schröder, from Nationalen Institut für Wissenschaftskommunikation
Former Team Members
Christian Humm, Dr. Joachim Retzbach, Imke Hedder, Esther Kähler, Anne Weißschädel,Thorsten Witt, Ulrike Brandt-Bohne, Klaus Wingen, Virginia Albert
Wissenschaftskommunikation.de has an Advisory Board. Composed of representatives from public relations, journalism, science and the Science of Science Communication. Their task is to the editorial staff with regard to content and strategy.
- Dr. Lorenz Adlung (Independent Junior Research Group Leader at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf)
- Gian-Andri Casutt (Head of Communications at the ETH Board and President of EUPRIO – European Association of Communication Professionals in Higher Education)
- Dr. Martin Grund (Consultant Education and Science at VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH)
- Prof. Dr. Michaela Maier (Professor for Applied Communication Psychology at the University Koblenz-Landau)
- Julia Merlot (Editor in the science and technology department at DER SPIEGEL)
- Jens Rehländer (Head of Communications at the Volkswagenstiftung)
- Prof. Dr. Hannah Schmid-Petri (Professor for Science Communication at the University of Passau)
- Dr. Barbara Streicher (Executive Manager Austrian ScienceCenter-Network)
- Julia Wandt (Head of Science Communication and Strategy at the University Freiburg, Rectorate; Chairwoman of the Bundesverbandes Hochschulkommunikation)
- Prof. Dr. Anna Wienhard (Professor for Mathematics at the University Heidelberg)