Helmholtz Zentrum München is a research center with the mission to discover personalized medical solutions for the prevention and therapy of environmentally triggered diseases and promote a healthier society in a rapidly changing world.
At our institute you will find a scientifically stimulating international environment. Together with renowned scientists and supported by an excellent infrastructure you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution for a healthier society.
The Helmholtz Center Munich is globally recognized for innovations in data science and applied machine learning (ML), e.g. through its Institute of Computational Biology (ICB), the Institute of AI for Health (AIH), and by hosting the national platform Helmholtz AI. Helmholtz AI is a research-driven hub that develops and promotes applied artificial intelligence (AI) methods for all Helmholtz centers in collaboration with its external and university partners.
Are you a creative thinker with excellent event management skills? To expand our portfolio of events, such as hackathons and conferences, we are inviting applications for an
Event Manager (f/m/x) for Helmholtz AI
- Full time
- Neuherberg near Munich
The overall purpose of this job is to devise, support, and execute a broad range of events, such as hackathons, workshops, conferences and schools across Helmholtz AI. As part of our central management unit, you will contribute to further our mission by generating engagement with our research activities, fostering community building within Helmholtz AI and the international scientific community, and raising awareness of Helmholtz AI’s societal impact. You will be sharing our enthusiasm for promoting ML and nurturing our friendly, cooperative environment where everyone’s contribution is valued.
You will be
- planning and implementing virtual and physical scientific events, public engagement, and science education activities
- producing content for and disseminating through effective communication tools (websites, social media, and other materials)
- ensuring coordinated internal communications across the platform, particularly a smooth flow of information across Helmholtz AI’s local units and its network
- commissioning and dealing with third party companies and/or contractors assisting in various aspects of event creation or management
- working in an agile environment that provides freedom to shape further projects and initiatives
- a degree in event management or media, communication sciences, or a comparably suitable qualification
- awareness and proven professional experience in organising events (physical, hybrid, digital) and in testing and deploying new formats and tools
- demonstrable experience in event management or outreach, including technical knowledge in leveraging social media and outreach platforms to drive event-related campaigns
- excellent verbal and written fluency in English
- ability to work independently within an international team and environment
- technical knowledge in using event management platforms (preferably Indico)
- extra training in science communication and dissemination
- knowledge and experience in using CMS (preferably TYPO3)
- working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools
- a data science background
- excellent written and verbal fluency in German
What we offer you
- continuous education and training
- work-life balance
- flexible working hours & time off in lieu
- 30 days annual leave
- mobile work
- on-site nursery
- on-site health management service
- elder care
- company pension scheme
- discounted public transport ticket
Munich, with its numerous lakes and its vicinity to the Alps, is considered to be one of the cities with the best quality of life worldwide. With its first-class universities and world-leading research institutions it offers an intellectually stimulating environment.
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for public sector employees at federal level (TV EntgO Bund). The position is (initially) limited to two years, but under certain circumstances an extension can be arranged.
To promote diversity, we welcome applications from talented people regardless of cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, gender and sexual identity, physical abilities, religion and age. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
Applicant guidance on the Corona pandemic
If you have further questions, simply contact Meike-Jana Kalb, +4989 3187-3996, who will be happy to be of assistance.
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
Award for excellent gender equality policy for women and men. Helmholtz Zentrum München is particularly committed to promoting professional equality between women and men. It therefore aims to increase the proportion of the underrepresented sex in the respective field.
The Helmholtz Zentrum München is part of the Helmholtz Association, Germany's largest scientific organization. Altogether 42,000 people currently work in its 19 scientific-technical and biological-medical research centers. The Association's annual budget amounts to around 5 billion euros.